[ga] RE: [announce] Number of participants in different dnso.org mailling lists

DNSO Listadmin wrote:

> Nb in       WGs 191 , 111  are neither in ga@dnso.org nor in
> announce@dnso.org

Once again, I am astonished that 111 out of 191 persons participating in WGs
are not subscribed to announce@dnso.org. I can understand the willingness to
avoid the traffic on ga@dnso.org, but I see no point for announce@dnso.org.

Of course, matter will be worse if we take into account the different lists
of the various constituencies.

Anyway, the problem is that we will need, sooner or later, some kind of
"master list". Experience of the past elections should have shown that
without a unique master list matters get confused: the logical union of an
undefined number of lists is very likely to produce criticism and suspicion.
Also, the results of the outreach work of wg-e could be more accurately
measured if we had a unique list.

Is there any reason and/or opinion against the implementation of such list
as "the official list of members of the DNSO"?

Regards
Roberto