RE: [ga] dominion over country codes

Tha may have been the biggest single mistake in all of Internet history.
Because that plan actually allowed for the effect of juridictional issues
and allowed foriegn sovereignty. It still need not have been the sole root,
but that is a side-bar on multi-root systems. However, it would have
resolved many issues on ccTLDs and USG exclusivity in commercial domain
regulation. In short, the Kent Crispins of the world could have their
institutions, and the rest of us could have our competitive root systems.
IOW, have the cake AND eat of it.