Re: [ga] Simon Austin on Alejandro Pisanty

Hi Michael and Roeland,

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Michael Sondow wrote:

> Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> >
> > Have you ever met Alejandro?
>
> I have had numerous exchanges with him on a Latin American mailing
> list.

And a bunch privately too, methinks January or sometime in bitter NY
winter while Mexico was not that bad!

> > I have, nice guy,
>
> Everyone involved in this process appears to be a "nice guy".

No.

> > actually agrees with many of
> > my views,
>
> Really? And what are they?

Democracy
Balanced decisions stemming from careful analysis of issues
Apprehension before processes being steamrollered by profit interests
beyond measure

Roeland and I may disagree on a bunch of other issues but seem to share a
framework.

> > I support him.
>
> He'll be happy to hear that, I'm sure.

Quite, knowing Roeland's critical disposition. I liked our personal
encounter too.

> > ISOC standing is irrelevent.
>
> Never. It will, in the end, be the factor determining an
> individual's vote.

Mike, on this issue, you barely understand shit. It sems so hard, though,
for you to see beyond your prejudice blinders! Fare thee well.

Alejandro

> Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
> Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty,
     Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
     (Director, Computing Academic Services)
     Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
     Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City DF MEXICO

Tel. (+52-5) 622-8541, 622-8542; Fax 622-8540