Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

I think this information should be public record, period.

there are several ways that people can protect themselves from so-called
stalkers, and spoofers can play their gig anyway. There are PO Boxes,
business addresses etc, available and even bogus information can be fed in
as well for the ultra paranoid. This has been done over and over again and
with regards to the SOA records and other such DNS records, someone needs
to be contacted in certain cases regardless.

For individuals, education should proceed irresponsible registrations just
like education for the safe operation of firearms is a no-brainer for
those who purchase weapons.

There will always be those who don't use common sense.

Nothing has changed here on the Internet with repect to the whois
databases, only the perception that this "World Wide Web" IS the Internet
is a new concept having come along in the last few years.