Re: [ga] H.R. 3028 and ICANN UDRP

Governing authority on the Internet has always been derived from consensus,
not a legal framework.  Technically, the U.S. Government (various
agencies--Department of Defence (DoD), Federal Netowrking Council (FNC),
National Science Foundation (NSF)) has the legal authority (derived from
the fact that the U.S Government created what is the Internet)--but
historically it has not exercised it.

--Joseph