Re: [ga] H.R. 3028 and ICANN UDRP

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 02:11:58PM -0700, idno@tallship.net wrote:

> What I find really scary, is that in order to legislate circumstances
> surrounding gTLDs, isn't the Congress implying that ownership, or at least
> jurisdiction is in the United States? I'm not aware of any International
> treaty or body - other than ICANN, and that's a California Corporation.
>
> Let me take that one step further....
>
> It's ICANN.ORG,
>
> Not...
>
> ICANN.INT

Was ICANN established as the result of an international treaty?
.INT is usually reserved for international treaty organizations.
(It's also probably easier in general to get a .ORG than an .INT,
since you can just go to your registrar of choice, and not IANA,
er, uh, ICANN. ;)

-Dan

--
Shag (Dan Birchall) - sysadmin, webslinger, Linux laptop user.
Hacker ex-slacker hiker 'rycher biker Quaker.  Gen-Xceptional.