[ga] FW: [IFWP] Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:59:14 -0400

Old news, by now, but I don't remember having seen this cirulating in this
list.
Regards
Roberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Gomes, Chuck [mailto:cgomes@netsol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 October 1999 1:11 PM
To: 'domain-policy@lists.internic.net'; 'rs-talk@internic.net';
'list@ifwp.org'
Subject: [IFWP] Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:59:14 -0400

	I have accepted a position (Vice President, Internet Relations and
Compliance) in Network Solutions' Registry organization.  I will be
officially changing roles in the next few days.  My new responsibilities
will primarily involve two areas: (1) representing the NSI Registry in the
Internet community and (2) serving as Compliance Officer as required in the
recently negotiated agreements with ICANN and DoC.

	To avoid conflicts of interest and ensure separation of
registry/registrar functions, I will no longer be able to deal with NSI
Registrar related issues.  Those who have referred customer service issues
to me or who have asked questions regarding NSI Registrar policies and
procedures will need to use regular customer service channels in the future.
When urgent problems are involved, the quickest way to get resolution will
be to use our telephone help desk at (703) 742-4777.  I am aware that in the
past there have been longer than desirable wait times because of high call
volume, but I can tell you that our service levels have increased
significantly in the past few weeks so this will work more effectively than
it has in the past.

	I initially intend to continue monitoring the list and to respond to
registry related posts as appropriate, but I will not be able to get
involved in discussions about specific registrar related issues whether it
be the NSI Registrar or other registrars.  I am sure each of you understand
the need for this and I thank you in advance for respecting this.

	Bruce Beckwith will be joining the lists and intends to represent
the NSI Registry as on the list as I have tried to do.

Chuck Gomes
Vice President, Customer Programs (until 10/16/99)
Network Solutions, Inc.