RE: [ga] PROTEST STATEMENT Re: they need hats - a statement.

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 R.Gaetano@iaea.org wrote:

> Planet Communications Computing Facility wrote:
> >
> > I understand your fear of hats.  If we imagine the chairman of the GAC
> > open meeting confronted by a sea of funny hats, it would be the worst
> > terror any civil servant can face.  I gurantee you that if
> > that was the
> > case - toonies prverbials would be cooked ;-), and so would ICANN's.
> >

> Indeed, if there will be "a sea of funny hats", the situation would be
> embarassing for ICANN.

Roberto, I want to thank you for stating the obvious.  And if I was in
ICANN's position - i.e. director, board of - I would be asking myself the
question, "How can we avoid the Hat Revolution".  How can we make these
people happy - so they leave their funny hats at home.

I'd have you as a director, your head is in the right place - your
concerned with image - every director should be.

> OTOH, if there are only half a dozen hats, the situation will be embarassing
> for those wearing them, and (let me agree with Randy) for those that are
> trying to get some points across using different methods.

Roberto, trust me on this one - it only takes one hat.  Hats have a great
and magical power in human history.  Alot of human notibles have worn
them, kings, queens, bishops - popes.  And a funny hat displayed in a
serious process is a very powerful statement.

All it takes is one person showing up at the mike, a making a statement
that their wearing a funny hat in protest - and wham bang thank you mame -
red faces all round.

> I personally have the impression that the second case is far more likely
> than the first one (but I may stand corrected next week - I'll check the
> news).

Someone should take a funny hat in case anyone gets brave.  Maybe we can
appoint an official DNSO Protest Office of the Guardian of the Funny Hat -
or something to that effect.

Regards
Jeff Mason

--
Planet Communication & Computing Facility           pccf@bigbird.earth-net.net
Public Access Internet Research Publisher           1 (212) 894-3704 ext. 1033