Re: [ga] General comments on the agenda

Mark C. Langston wrote:

> On 12 July 1999, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu> wrote:
>
> >On the telco today someone (J.Sola?) said that there have been no
> >objections to the working group agenda.  This is optimistic.
>
> I too have witnessed objections to the agenda, and was aghast when this
> was said (I also cannot remember whether it was Javier or Amadeau who
> said this).
>
> I'll be a bit less polite than Michael here.  How dare they make a
> blanket statement like this.  There was a very strong implication that
> there was a solid mechanism in place for raising such objections.
> Has anyone read about any such mechanism?  If so, where is the text
> found?  I would think that common sense would dictate that said
> mechanism be made clear at the same time the agenda is announced.

You and Michael Froomkin are discovering what myself and many of
those who have been dealing with this for longer than you have came
to realize long ago, that there is no place for objections or
dissent in ICANN. You are only welcome in the DNSO if you agree with
the ISOC/CORE agenda. If you oppose it openly and forcefully, you
will be ostracized and excluded, as we have been. But continue
calling for fair play. It's the only way to learn.