[ga-watchdog]

Re: [ga-watchdog] Your final decision is sought

> Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:28:59 +0200
> From: Alexander Svensson <alexander@svensson.de>
> To: DNSO.Listadmin@dnso.org, ga-watchdog@dnso.org
> Subject: Re: [ga-watchdog] Your final decision is sought
>

> DNSO Listadmin wrote on 29.07.01, 09:16:25:
> >> From: "eee" <dmillium@elysee.com>
> >> [...]
> >> Dear Sirs,
> >>
> >> I should have missed the nomination act.
> >> I don't remenber from wich email I'm
> >> involved with the DNSO.
> >>
> >> I'm now registering once with my current email
> >> address (dmillium@elysee.com) .
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> DM.
>
> In my view, this means that there currently is *no* valid
> nomination for Eric Jonvel. Should David Millium succeed
> in subscribing and then nominate Eric Jonvel once more,

==> He did. The second nomination arrived this morning (night),
    after he subscribed.

> an explanation regarding the matching mail headers and
> the attempt to authorize another person's (?) subscription
> would still be needed.

==> I would disagree with you Alexander.
    My reasons are that I do not ask similar things to all
    nominators and nominees.
    My concern here is not to judge any content, but to not allow
    for obvious "ghosts" or UFOs, and to keep the DNSO reputation
    for reliable service.

    I was able to perceive a problem because of the coincidence
    of time, troubles with subscription and BOUNCE of nomination.
    If two persons are less sloppy (proceeding carrefully),
    i.e. they succeed subscription first without troubles,
    then one of them nominates the second, all within the timeline,
    we will never ever note it.

    I would suggest we take the nomination, and let it go through
    acceptance and endorsements.

    Best,
    Elisabeth

--