        Re: Private Response to:Re: [ga] waste of time
   Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:0:31 -0500
   From:  "Javier Rodriguez" <jrl@mail.lima.net.pe>
     To:  Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>

Dear Jeff:

Sending you this in Private way.

a) The BIG FATHERS will not move until someone do a law case against
them.   The case could be in a US court or it could be "inside" the
icann in the "review of ICANN board decisions" process...
    SOONER or LATER someone will put a civil (or criminal?) case against
MANY people in a court on the US.
b) In this last case they are "protected" by the IRAC resolutions that
have put so little power on the Review Body.
c) We must keep record of our statements.  Sooner or later there will be
a law case or a case in front the US congress.
d) Joe Sims lied in the congress telling WHO elected the "initial
board".  Esther Dyson was present and she didnt
     correct Joe's words.  From that moment ALL the process is dead.
But it is the ONLY process that we have... so we     have to participate
and, at the same time, dont play the games the "big fathers" want.

e) ALL the process is 100% ruled.  The ICANN is managed by the GAC and
the STAFF... the "old" members of the board have so little to say... the
"new" ones are different thing... we know eachother and we know what
interest they represent.  Thats not a bad thing.  The bad is that
"traditional organizations" (ISOC by instance) is been used to
masquerade some bussiness interests (nothing new on these days, but a
shame that they can do it so easily...).
f) We must try to create, to build open spaces.  It will not be easy.
It is not easy in my country, it is not easy in LatinAmerica,    it is
not easy in this world, but we know that someone has to do it so...
let's do it.

The proposal to autoregulate our election process is a good one.  I hope
we can manage the things to a lower level of "noise" and get the things
done and get a Chair elected by the whole group and not by the NC.

Regards,

Javier
Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE