[ga-udrp]

Re: [ga-udrp] The list

Chris and all,

  Yes these are some but not all of the areas for which a reform
questionnaire should be formulated to address...
I believe the URL for these is at:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.NC-tor-UDRP-Review-Evaluation.html

NameCritic wrote:

>    The questionnaire shall be created with an eye toward identifying
> potential areas for reform, including without limitation:

> ·         forum shopping
>
> ·         publication of complaints and answers
>
> ·         appeals
>
> ·         reverse domain name hijacking
>
> ·         quality of decisions
>
> ·         speed of decisions
>
> ·         precedential affect of decisions within and outside of UDRP
>
> ·         costs
>
> ·         continuity of decisions among and within panels
>
> ·         res judicata effect of decisions within and outside the UDRP
>
> ·         requirements for bad faith (i.e., domain name registration
> and/or use)
>
> ·         fairness of Provider's supplemental rules
>
> ·         ability to amend complaint
>

> While the questionnaire will be in English, to the extent feasible,
> the Task Force will attempt to have it translated in other languages.
>

> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.NC-tor-UDRP-Review-Evaluation.html
>

> It says we are not limited to this list but it would be good to be
> prepared to make a statement about these issues first. If we did
> something like each post about a paragraph worth of an answer to each
> issue then we would see the diversity involved in those answers and it
> could even lead to a poll or similar process to reach some consensus
> on how we want the representative from the GA to answer these
> quetions.
>

> I'm open to other ideas.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.