[ga-udrp]

[ga-udrp] The list

The questionnaire shall be created with an eye toward identifying potential areas for reform, including without limitation:

·         forum shopping

·         publication of complaints and answers

·         appeals

·         reverse domain name hijacking

·         quality of decisions

·         speed of decisions

·         precedential affect of decisions within and outside of UDRP

·         costs

·         continuity of decisions among and within panels

·         res judicata effect of decisions within and outside the UDRP

·         requirements for bad faith (i.e., domain name registration and/or use)

·         fairness of Provider’s supplemental rules

·         ability to amend complaint

While the questionnaire will be in English, to the extent feasible, the Task Force will attempt to have it translated in other languages.

  http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.NC-tor-UDRP-Review-Evaluation.html

It says we are not limited to this list but it would be good to be prepared to make a statement about these issues first. If we did something like each post about a paragraph worth of an answer to each issue then we would see the diversity involved in those answers and it could even lead to a poll or similar process to reach some consensus on how we want the representative from the GA to answer these quetions.

I'm open to other ideas.

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic
http://www.DiscountsOnDomains.com
http://www.XMISP.com