[ga-udrp]

Re: [ga-udrp] WIPO2

David and all,

DPF wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:38:57 -0700, Chris McElroy wrote:
> >From: "DPF" <david@farrar.com>
> >> RFC3 of WIPO2 has just finished its public comment process and in the
> >> near future WIPO will make a formal proposal to ICANN.  This should
> >> hopefully be referred to the DNSO for an attempt to come to a
> >> consensus on their recommendations.
> >
> >"Hopefully is correct. The IP Constituency will come out with a paper
> >suggesting it isn't necessary to revies this any further.
>
> I'm not 100% sure even the IP community is united on WIPO2 proposals.
> The website submissions make interesting reading.

  Agreed.  And yes the certainly do make interesting reading.  I hope
more of the GA members take the time to review all of the proposals
in some detail.

> >> I thought I'd start the ball rolling with some personal brief comments
> >> on their key recommendations.  Some of what they have proposed is
> >> quite good and it will be useful IMO if we can concentrate on the
> >> parts which are overly intrusive rather than risk being seen as
> >> opposing the whole thing.
> >
> >Unless the whole thing is wrong. I don't think  limiting the scope of any
> >review is productive. You are right in that you have to pick battles you can
> >win, but so far with the UDRP, WIPO, and ICANN, that would mean choosing no
> >battles at all.
>
> Oh I don't mean to suggest anyone should feel limited as to the scope
> of their comments - more that constructive analysis of why particular
> proposals are not a good idea is more likely to be persuasive than
> general damnation and hellfire on WIPO :-)

  Damnation and Hellfire is what WIPO really needs though, and the
heavier the better really.  I realize that regardless of what proposals
are submitted the WIPO staff will only be paying any attention
to those that are favorable to their recommendations or those that
they are familiar with.  At least that has been their pattern thus far...

> DPF
> --
> david@farrar.com
> ICQ 29964527
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.