[ga-tm]

Re: [ga-tm] Domain Name Owners' Bill of Rights

At 18:17 3/05/01 -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
>Oh Danny boy,
>
>Please give suggestion how we can publicize a meeting in Stockholm to
build upon
>this momentum.  Let us build a good one then force the governments one by
one if
>necessary to enforce it.

We have to be quick.
The Registrars sense that such a Bill of Rights (if formulated by the
Registrants) may threaten some lucrative corners of their business models
and this is why they will hurry to cast something in stone and lobby the
other DNSO constituencies for endorsement.

After that, unless they would surprise us with a really enlightened BoR,
the battle will be uphill.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-tm@dnso.org list.