[ga-sys]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

[ga-sys] [Fwd: [ga] Letter from Lynn to Sheppard]

funding of constituencies does not change with time.

Only ICANN should fund these matters due to corporate structure.

         Well, yes and no.  Seems to me it's appropriate to view a cost
incurred by a firm as straightforwardly passed on on to consumers when [1]
the firm is free to adjust its prices to reflect costs; and [2] the firm is
operating in a competitive market & not collecting monopoly rents -- so
that its prices simply reflect its costs plus a reasonable return.  If
these two conditions aren't met, then it's much harder to tell how much of
a cost to the firm comes out of its customers' pockets and how much comes
out of its shareholders'.  If we exclude the folks for which ICANN-related
costs are swamped by rounding errors, then I'd say the only constituency
for which those two conditions are even arguably met is the registrars.

Jon