[ga-sys]

Re: Re[2]: [ga-sys] EU Ministers Split on Unsolicited Email ban

Hello William,

on 6/29/01 12:29 AM, William X. Walsh at william@userfriendly.com wrote:

> I don't think there is more concern about privacy in EU, to be clear.
> I think the entire thing is a dog and pony show for the EU parliament
> to assert itself in some way on an "easy" topic to try and get
> concessions from the US, and thus more "legitimize" themselves.

> Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise, Joanna  :)  I respect we
> disagree on this, and if you want to post to the list to dispute my
> assessment, for others, by all means do, but if the only reason is to
> convince me otherwise, save the bytes  :)

You think the European Commission needs the US to be legitimate? Very funny.
Didn't the US lose its seat recently on the UN Council, while the Europeans
retained their place? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing William. You
may be confusing the Euro with other factors and force me to pull rank on
this topic. I live under the laws and regulations of the United States of
America, but I have a say in how Europe is run through my vote in European
Elections. My tip of the day is to hire an experienced advisor who has a
thorough knowledge and understanding of European concerns, or never expand
your business overseas.

Regards,
Joanna

--