[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Opt-In Privacy Policy gains traction in other industries

This is really exciting if it is indeed for real.

However, you will have to forgive me for being cynical as no actually
documentation to support the quotes was produced.  And also because of the
tradition of saying one thing and doing another.  For example:  President
Bush recently announced he wants to do more to protect the environment and
yet he is establishing rights for destruction of more of our pristine
areas. Also, I have an unlisted number for one of our private lines.  In
addition to having to pay for the unlisted service, I also must pay for
non-solicitation service. Within the English language is the power to
support and negate the same behavior and this sometimes happens in one long
sentence when our laws are written.  I hope AT&T is for real about using a
true OPT-IN policy:  this would impress me.

:)

~k