[ga-sys]

Re: Re[7]: [ga-sys] Registrants Charter - FREEDOMS - Part 1

on 5/17/01 2:50 PM, William X. Walsh at william@userfriendly.com wrote:

Hello William,

> I also find it amusing that the EU is justifying this rule to "protect
> privacy" in light of the electronic snooping laws they are about to
> pass...
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1334000/1334371.stm

Give me a break. This statement is completely false. They are not "about to
pass" anything. Do not confuse the EU with ICANN. The one consults the
public *before* any decision is made, including releasing *proposals
received* (not official documents) through responsible media to determine
public feedback. The other, well, we all know how much weight ICANN places
on public consultation through responsible media like the BBC.

If you actually read the article, you would appreciate that in common with
other proposals of its ilk, it is not going to fly.

Frankly, I'm surprised you made this post.

Joanna

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.