[ga-sys]

[ga-sys] Domain Name Holder's "Charter" or "Bill of Rights"

On Monday, April 30, 2001 10:40 PM (AEST), I wrote:
Subject: [ga-sys] SYSTEMS

> Systems:  To consider and recommend improvements to all of ICANN's
existing
> policies, practices and procedures including, but not limited to
> registry-registrar separation, registrar accreditation, quality assurance
> and registrant/whois privacy as well as any contracts or agreements in
these
> or related areas.

The proposed agenda includes a section on "Registry-Registrar Operations" in
which the most relevant issue is a domain name holder's "Charter" or "Bill
of Rights".  As the Registrar constituency is also debating the topic, it
will be scheduled for inclusion in the General assembly agenda for
Stockholm.

This issue was first raised on the [ga] list then accidentally taken to the
[ga-tm] list so for ease of reference I have shown a few relevant postings
below.

Regards
Patrick Corliss

On 11 Apr 2001 17:50:33 -0700, Srikanth Narra raised the issue:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg00586.html

Anywhere in the agreements (mela) that surround ICANN - is there any thing
that sounds or feels like bill of rights for domain name owners ?
<snip>

Is there some clause anywhere that trys to ensure some basic service to
domain name holders. Any retributions against abusers ? Any place to
complain ? Any thing anywhere that will stop registers from charging the
domainname owners for bare minimal things like sending timely, if not
mandatory, reminders ?