[ga-rules]

RE: [ga-rules] Proposal for a Buddy Sytem for new members

There will always be different levels of participation.  I don't think
anyone wants to ban people from participation however, that also does not
mean that there should be structures in place to assist anyone to
participate (by this I mean that the GA should not be expected to educate
anyone and least of all, other GA participants should not be expected to
expend energy on other participants that may be better spent dealing with
GA issues directly).  If anyone wishes to participate in the GA it should
be up to the individual to ensure that their contributions are valid.  If
they are not valid, no one will take any notice of them and they will be
wasting their and everyone elses time.

There will always be GA participants that are willing to assist others, I
do not agree with having any formal process put into place or pushing
responsibility onto the forum for what is essentially an individual
responsibility.

There are other forums such as the AtLarge for people who have no wish to
assume the responsibility of educating themselves to a level that will be
of benefit to the GA, or who wish to participate at a different level.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.