[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] Changing the rules by amendment

This posting has some modification and questions in it from a good
friend of this list. This posting goes to Amendment.  I will shortly
post to the issue of scrapping and changing the monitors to Mentors.
Sincerely,

The following is a modified version of our posting rules which I
propose.
There is no pride in authorship.

In order to make it easier to notice what I have added and changed, the
URL
to the existing rules is <http:///www.dnso.relevant-rules-page>

I am not opposed to rewriting the whole thing, rather than amending
existing
rules, or to presenting it in a different format if you have
suggestions.
Thank you in advance for any help.

> For purposes of its internal operation, the General Assembly maintains

> mailing
> lists.
> These are as follows:
>
> - announce@dnso.org for announcements from the DNSO
> - ga@dnso.org for discussion among GA members on GA business
>
> GA Specific Purposes Lists, setup on 30 April 2001, modifications in
> list names on 21 May 2001. ga-org added 7 June 2001.
>
> 1.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-icann/Arc00/, (former
> ga-ext), External Relationships
> 2.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-rules/Arc00/, (former
> ga-int), Internal Processes
> 3.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-sys/Arc00/, Systems
> 4.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-roots/Arc00/, Competitive
> Roots
> 5.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-udrp/Arc00/, (former ga-tm),
> Trade Marks-IP
> 6.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-review/Arc00/, GA DNSO
> Review
> 7.http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-org/Arc00/, Dot org referral
>
> These list shall self organize and establish their own list rules, not

> inconsistent with these.
>
> All lists are open for subscription by any E-mail address.
> All lists are archived.
> The membership of the lists is not made public.
>
> The announce list is available for official pronouncements only.{**who

> should be allowed to post here? Alt-chair**?}

Surely, it's only the DNSO Secretariat that posts to the announce list,
or
is this a new suggestion of yours to give the Alt Chair access?

> The ga list is open for mail from any subscribed members, subject to
> restrictions given below.
>
> The purpose of the GA list is to allow discussion between GA members
on
> GA matters. It is not itself a decision-making body. Although it’s
> properly arrived at policy recommendations should be followed by the
> Names Council
>
> Note: Neither list claims to be an authoritative listing of the
members
> of the
> GA, but when a mail is sent to the announce list, it is considered to
be

> published to the GA membership.

> email
> address by which they are known to the GA list, who have posting
> rights in good
> standing.
> Members of any current working group or task force.
> - The staff of the DNSO list management (for technical announcements)
>
> The following rules apply to content of messages on the GA list:
>
> - The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
> - The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
> - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
> - Not using offensive language
> - If the GA Chair or a list monitor asks for a limit to the number of
> posts
> per person per day, this must be respected
> - The size of messages should be kept reasonable (there should be a
VERY
> good
> reason to send a message of more than 10 Kbytes).
>
> These are of course guidelines any interpretation should be made with
> the emphasis on allowing posting.
>
> Certain persons appointed by the GA Chair (the list monitors) have the

> task
> of monitoring the list for posts that violate these rules.
> These are selected by the GA Chair for a given period of time, but may

> be
> removed from the role by the GA Chair or at their own request at any
> time.
> A list monitor may also be removed by a majority vote of the General
> Assembly.
> The vote shall be informal and can be called for by ten members
calling
> for the vote.
>
> Normally the appointment would be for 1 year.
>
> A list monitor may recommend (?) to the GA chair, which shall be
publicly
> posted for a seven day public discussion that there be imposed either
or
> both of 2 sanctions against offenders:

Recommend what to the Chair? The list monitor must be recommending
something, or the grammar doesn't make sense, and we don't understand
what
is being publicly posted for discussion.

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.