[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] ICANN CEO S. Lynn provides more evidence of intentionalmisrepresentation

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/25/technology/25DOMA.html

> will the new domains catch on as alternatives, or become the virtual
> equivalent of a modern house in a colonial neighborhood?
>
> Icann was established

who by?  by the Rest of the World? or solely by the USG?

> in 1998 to take over responsibility for the domain name
> system, previously handled under United States Government contracts, and Mr.
> Lynn said the group's main goal was to ensure the stability of the system.
> main goal was to ensure the stability of the system >
> the stability of the system >
> the stability of the system >
> the stability of the system >

Is not the stability of a true end-to-end system of networked
interoperability secured by having MANY groups all sharing
mutual-recognition data? Isnt this also the geopolitical reality?

> Mr. Lynn said, noting that this is the first time new domain extensions have
> been introduced since the current system became operational in the mid-1980's.

Utter utter bullshit. See online data on parallel universe of namespaces
operating outside the ICANN/USG "big intranet" for years. And ICANN attempts
to destroy such competition (contrary to antitrust law in US and many UN
Member States-- see the anti-ICANN action in Supreme Court of Uruguay soon).

> "Out of the feedback we get from the community, we'll learn what works and
> what needs to be done differently."

Yeh right. Like you have each time before. "We" being ultimately the
USG/.mil starters of the internet. First come first serve?

"what works" == what you can get away with this time?