[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Re: ICANN Policy -- revised version

On 2001-06-20 13:32:51 -0700, M. Stuart Lynn wrote:

>What it in effect said is that it would be erroneous for any
>alternate (pseudo or otherwise) root operator to *assume* that
>ICANN would necessarily avoid doing so. What the draft effectively
>says is that ICANN's orderly decision process (always, of course,
>subject to improvement) operating within its public trust would
>not be preempted by actions taken by others operating outside of
>the public trust. That is, do not assume that by creating a TLD
>within an alternate root, you receive credit with ICANN's own
>processes and can thereby tie ICANN's hands.

>To put it another way. ICANN has no policy asserting that it will
>give credit to any TLD created outside of ICANN's processes. Which
>means precisely that ICANN can give no credit to any TLD created
>outside of ICANN's processes. Which is what I wrote.

Thanks for putting this so clearly.  There is hardly any objection
one could make against this.

It would be great if your draft would be as clear (and short ;-) as
the two paragraphs quoted above.

"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time
to make it shorter." -- Blaise Pascal

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/