[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

|> On 2001-06-17 03:35:12 -0400, L Gallegos wrote:
|>
|> >Dassa, do you have any idea how many roots and TLDs there are
|> >right now?  Do you know how many online registration systems are
|> >in place and how many of the TLDs are represented in them? There
|> >will be a rush?  The rush is on - big time.

Actually I do, and I am also aware that a large number of TLD's in other
name spaces to the legacy root have no to very few 2LD's under them.
However, my reference to a rush was related to the TLD's themselves.  It is
not difficult to set up a root server and to establish a TLD.  No more
difficult than setting up a few name servers.  If there was the possibility
of having a TLD recognised by ICANN with little effort, I'm sure a large
number of people would jump at the chance.  The biggest difficulty in
establishing a TLD in any name space is to get the clients.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.