[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] response

its always interetsing to read verisign's annual disclosure to the SEC- if
verisgn can admit this, why cant stuart lynn -this is the disclosure that
verisgn will rely on in its defense when if root is broken, or if ICANN
fails to survive.

from verisgn annual report ot the SEC

Our web presence services and registry services businesses also could be
harmed if a significant number of Internet service providers decided not to
route Internet communications to or from domain names registered by us or if
a significant number of Internet service providers decided to provide
routing to a set of domain name servers that did not point to our domain
name zone servers

so lets all agree its the ISP's, not ICANN who have the power to pick "the"
root.

In my opinion, as we said in our application for the .kids TLD to ICANN,
ICANN will only have the "power" over the Internet to the extent it meets
the needs of its consituencies.  i dont think it is.....

I applaud ICANN for staying together on a limited budget and trying to
please multiple aims and goals, but was the idea of a domain tax so gagable
to people that we didnt create an organization with the best and the
brightest from the start, and create a funded mechanism for receiving
constituency input from the start, and didnt create a line of communication
with registrants from the start.. and so on

page howe