[ga-roots]

Re[2]: [ga-roots] response

[This message will sit in my outbox until after 12:00am local time
since I have exceeded the "posting limits" for today and might run the
risk of injuring someone's sensabilities.]

Hello Simon,

Monday, May 28, 2001, 10:37:38 PM, Simon Higgs wrote:
> What a load of hooey. Jon Postel of the IANA *ENCOURAGED* the first
> alt.root as a training ground for the Draft Postel applicants. It was a
> testbed/proof-of-concept for the inclusion of new TLDs into the IANA root.

But there was never any guarantee of it being more than just that, an
experiment.

> One last thing. ICANN have a contract to fulfill the IANA function. Since
> IANA used the first alt.root as a test-bed, it's now ICANN's job to fix
> this mess. Routing around the ICANN root (a single-point-of-failure), the
> Internet community has already spoken.

No, the Internet community has not spoken in the fashion you claim.
The fact is that the alt.roots remain a fringe element, and do not
have the widespread support you are insinuating.

If you feel the legal case is so strong, Simon, where is your court
case?

You keep talking about this being something ICANN is legally mandated
to do.

If you are right, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

All I've heard from you over the years is this same bluster, but
nothing substantive to back it up.  When is your lawsuit going to be
filed, Simon?

Just once, back up your claims about what ICANN is legally mandated to
do with something more than your word.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh