[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

Dear Thomas,
you are certainly right in term of reasonable and sensible appreciation of
the situation. As was the Spanish establishment considering that
Christorforo Colombani from Genoa. No one sensible would have considered
any Spanish King representative action without several Tercios, the Cortez,
the Grands etc... So to have three barks going to nowhere on an open root,
sorry, rout... to claim territories !!! ....

The problem is that the New.net's and NameSlinger's TLDs are legally valid.
First come, first serve.... They will have to be purchased back from them.
They are no cybersquatters: just an economic model with as much merit as
bug.biz. NameSlinger is carefull about not colliding. Not like Vint. All
these TLDs have more DNs than the smallest ccTLDs (several have none).

All this only comes as a reaction to four known moves:

- $50.000 enforced by Mike Roberts while Yokohama resolutions were flexible
- bug.biz collision by VintCerf
- slowliness to contract due to contract compelxity by Louis Touton
- Stuart's document showing iCANN's inability to handle this situation

Just tell me how you can address that situation now. I see only one
solution: to reach a consensus among root operators (iCANN, WWAccTLD and
inclusive roots if they want) to define TLD's best practices  - according
to RFCs, not from Louis Touton's contracts - and to agree that any operator
accepting and trying to abide by these rules is legitimate. And to make
that agreement attractive enough for the new roots to accept them. Should
have we discussed it three months agor as I proposed we would not be in
that situation.

Otherwise there will be hundreths of legitimate collision lovers. I do not
like them more than you  but they are legitimate. Nobody wants to consider
the viruscom problem initiated by Vint's bug.biz. It created a fashion. You
can be unhappy with it, this is not the issue: tell me how to stop it.

Otherwise Tuckows or others will join the trend.

Jefsey