[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

On 18 Jun 2001, at 11:04, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> [Moved back to ga-roots, Subject header trimmed.]
>
> On 2001-06-17 03:35:12 -0400, L Gallegos wrote:
>
> >Dassa, do you have any idea how many roots and TLDs there are
> >right now?  Do you know how many online registration systems are in
> >place and how many of the TLDs are represented in them? There will be
> >a rush?  The rush is on - big time.
>
> I find it a bit exaggerated to call the 28 registrations in your .biz
> which happened between June 7 and now a "rush".
>
> Or what are you thinking about?

The post referred to creation of roots and TLDs, not SLD
registrations.  There are some three thousand TLDs and several
roots that are new and more coming all the time.  I am not saying
whether this is a good or bad thing, Dass, only that it is occurring.
It also has nothing to do with whether any of the TLDs will be
popular, open, restricted (chartered) or what business models will
be utilized.  You took the post and changed the focus of the
response to refer to SLDs.  That's the problem with using
"netiquette" sometimes.  Much is taken out of the original context.

> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/
> -- This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list. Send
> the body of the message). Archives at