[ga-roots]

Re[4]: [ga-roots] Re[4]: [ga-icann] interesting California law to consider

Hello Marc,

Sunday, June 17, 2001, 10:44:10 AM, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, at 10:10 [=GMT-0700], William X. Walsh wrote:

>> > Some weeks ago, I had a look at most of their websites, and found, that the
>> > majority of them have some more or less stringent requirements concerning
>> > which TLD they would include in their root.
>> > You know obviously more than their websites say.
>>
>> References please?
>>
>> There are no minimum standards or technical requirements at any of the
>> alt.roots that I am aware of.  If you know otherwise, please don't
>> just say it, point to the references.
>>
>> That means that unless someone else, who also didn't meet any minimum
>> standards, emailed them that they wanted that string first, you can
>> have it, even if you don't know the difference between an MX record
>> and a CNAME record, much less how to setup a controlled managed dns
>> system for the domain.

> This is utter %$#@^& and you know it. You will not get your TLD
> included in the ORSC root if there aren't at least two nameservers
> correctly answering for it.

No, my comments are spot on.  The vast majority of those TLDs use the
SAME nameservers.  The actual claimant asks Sexton or one of the
other few who DO actually know how to manage DNS to add an SOA record
in their dns servers for them.

The TINC rules are mostly cosmetic.  They are in no way real minimum
technical standards.

I can point to a large number of TLDs in the ORSC zone that were
"Created" by someone posting to the list asking if someone can add
their TLD to their dns for them.

You know it, and I know it, so can the BS Marc.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>