[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] was: Re[2]: [ga-icann] interesting California law to consider

Hello L,

Sunday, June 17, 2001, 12:27:49 AM, L Gallegos wrote:
> One day, you and the ICANNites who use the mantra that "we
> have our name space and you have yours" will have to do a 180.
> There is only one DNS and one name space.  People are
> beginning to catch on to that and even the BoD has rather reversed
> its statements.

You better hope it doesn't.

It will spell the final end of alt.root/tld operations.

Carry that argument out to it's natural conclusion.

It results in a single managed namespace, and ICANN is the only body
that could even come close to getting enough global support to be that
body.

I'd accept the gift of exclusive and unique namespaces.  Anything else
is a certain fate.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>