[ga-roots]

Re[2]: [ga-roots] Re: ICANN Policy -- revised version

Hello Milton,

Friday, June 15, 2001, 2:22:54 PM, Milton Mueller wrote:

> Mueller:
>>> I can prove easily that there is no policy: ICANN has explicitly avoided
>>> a conflict in the case of .WEB, and it has created a conflict in the case
>>> of .BIZ.
> Crispin:
>>If anything, what we have is
>>clear proof that ICANN has simply been following a policy of ignoring
>>any precedent set by alternate roots.

> Thanks for a good laugh!

> Seriously, go back to the video archives of Vint Cerf's discussion
> of .web assignment at the Marina del Rey meeting. He made quite
> extensive and explicit statements about recognizing Image Online Design's
> work. Ignoring precedent is precisely what he did NOT do.

.web is an ENTIRELY different beast with entirely different issues.

Those issues are still in dispute and have not been resolved, and in
NO way are they even similar to the claims by alt.root TLD operators.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh