[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] ICANN Policy -- revised version

Although the Names Council has decided, "that multiple roots are outside the
scope of the ICANN DNSO", it is within the scope of the General Assembly to
consider changes in ICANN's domain name policies.
"The Supporting Organizations shall serve as advisory bodies to the Board,
with the primary responsibility for developing and recommending substantive
policies regarding those matters falling within their specific
responsibilities."
Our ICANN President has stated, "We already do have a policy, and we'd need
to change that policy if we want to operate differently in the future."
Director Abril comments, "Policy changes should go through policy process."
The General Assembly is part of that process.  Should we desire to recommend
any consensus-based changes, we need to begin with a full understanding of
the current policy.
We are however, at the moment hampered by the fact that we are still
awaiting the revised version of our current policy draft.   Lynn:  "Will
continue to take comments on single root paper and post a revised version.
Board consensus."
On behalf of the participants to this list, I will ask our President to post
this revised version as soon as possible, so that the General assembly may
better be positioned to put forward policy recommendations in a timely
manner.