[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] What keywords actually does

At 03:21 PM 6/11/01 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

This is so short-sighted it's not even funny. As soon as you confuse the
user experience, you invite an army of "I don't get it, but I have paying
customers who want me to explain this to them" IP lawyers to screw thing
things up even further. Not that this describes the last six years in any
detail.

YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>as long as the keywords systems do not try to hide inside the DNS
>protocol, but are entirely distinct, they may confuse the user experience,
>but have little potential to harm the more vital parts of the Internet's
>DNS name resolution.
>
>At the moment, I don't think keywords need to concern ICANN.
>(OTOH, if someone were to establish a world-wide keywords system, and
>someone else were to come along and try to pass their service off as that
>keyword system, lawyers are likely to fly - already happened - Korea.)

Best Regards,

Simon

--
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity