[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] What keywords actually does

At 15:17 10.06.2001 -0700, NameCritic wrote:
>I have the new beta IE6 and Ford Explorer hits msn search then redirects to
>the Ford Explorer page. Basically realNames and Microsoft and network
>Solutions seem to be trying to recreate the DNS.
>
>Who's in charge now ICANN? Will you be explaining to Microsoft and the
>others you are the one true authoritative root?

as long as the keywords systems do not try to hide inside the DNS protocol,
but are entirely distinct, they may confuse the user experience, but have
little potential to harm the more vital parts of the Internet's DNS name
resolution.

At the moment, I don't think keywords need to concern ICANN.
(OTOH, if someone were to establish a world-wide keywords system, and
someone else were to come along and try to pass their service off as that
keyword system, lawyers are likely to fly - already happened - Korea.)