[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] A "Unique" Authoritative.....ADDRESS SPACE ?

Kristy and all,

Kristy McKee wrote:

> I think this is an interesting comment, William, it's not really
> germane.

  Agreed.  WXW's comment is also seemingly motivated by his
long standing vendetta towards Jim Fleming, amongst others.

> IPv8 is a protocol stack that is running on at least three
> private networks I know of; but that was not the point of the
> conversation.  It doesn't matter if new IP technology exists, is
> recognized, or not.
>
> The point is:  ICANN is demanding their "users" have no choices for Root
> service, IP addressing, DNS, etc.  They are intentionally attempting to
> make creativity illegal on the Internet.

  This is a problem and in many growing numbers of stakeholders opinion,
an inappropriate behavior pattern that is becoming more and more concerning.

> :)
>
> At 10:04 AM 6/6/2001 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> >Hello Kristy,
> >
> >Wednesday, June 06, 2001, 9:17:32 AM, Kristy McKee wrote:
> >
> > > Jim,
> >
> > > I believe this is their intention, yes.
> >
> > > Rumor has it contracts are being spread around to enforce the use of the
> > > IPv4 address space with exclusive use of the USG Root.  I'm not sure, but
> > > assume they either are being general and using the term IP address or may
> > > also include IPv6 addresses as well; however, I haven't read anything
> > > indicating those who use IPv8, 16 or other new IP technologies will
> > > (currently) be forced to use one non-inclusive Root.
> >
> >There is no such thing as IPv8 or IPv16 (except in the mind of Mr
> >Fleming).
> >
> >(Just inserting this for the record)
> >
> >--
> >Best regards,
> >William X Walsh
> >mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> >Owner, Userfriendly.com
> >Userfriendly.com Domains
> >The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> >

> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827