[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

Ross and all,

  All this really doesn't matter.  I HAVE a full copy of ALL of the Domain
Policy list archives and can be persuaded to produce a copy of them.
At present our legal folks are going over them very closely and I have them
loaded into a restricted access database for reference purposes...

Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> > The Netsol domain-policy list was originally sponsored by InterNIC. At
> > least until Netsol changed the list to run under "netsol.com", i.e. while
> > the list was domain-policy@internic.net, the list was public record. Any
> > government-funded public mailing list archive is subject to FOIA.
>
> At the risk of being anti-revisionist, let's make sure that no one suffers
> from the misconception that InterNIC was anything but NSI (with AT&T and GA
> playing around the edges at the best of times).
>
> It was only moved to @netsol.com when the DOC exerted IP rights over the
> term "InterNIC" as a result of the 98/99 negotiations.
>
> Lastly, I'd be very surprised that the list archives are subject to FOIA
> anymore than Verisign's HR records.
>
> -rwr
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827