[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

> The Netsol domain-policy list was originally sponsored by InterNIC. At
> least until Netsol changed the list to run under "netsol.com", i.e. while
> the list was domain-policy@internic.net, the list was public record. Any
> government-funded public mailing list archive is subject to FOIA.

At the risk of being anti-revisionist, let's make sure that no one suffers
from the misconception that InterNIC was anything but NSI (with AT&T and GA
playing around the edges at the best of times).

It was only moved to @netsol.com when the DOC exerted IP rights over the
term "InterNIC" as a result of the 98/99 negotiations.

Lastly, I'd be very surprised that the list archives are subject to FOIA
anymore than Verisign's HR records.

-rwr