[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Names Council and Alternate Roots

At 20:51 02.06.2001 -0700, Simon Higgs wrote:
>At 07:57 AM 6/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
>
>How are domain name issues "out of scope" for the DNSO?
>
>That's like saying it's out of scope for Car and Driver to review
>alternatively-fueled vehicles (like electric cars).

The better analogy might be that it is out of scope for the US petrol
providers' union to set standards for electric cars.

>This just proves the DNSO is no longer viable.

I talked to one NC member - apparently the first resolution was written in
a hurry, and the NC hadn't really understood what they were agreeing to;
when they realized that they did not want to do what they had just voted to
do, Milton Mueller introduced the "we didn't mean it" motion.

But Milton is on this list, so I will wait for his description of events
before speculating any more.