[ga-roots]

Re: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response toresponseto response)

Harald, surely you jest.

Are you saying that if ICANN doesn't recognize the existence
of name conflicts they don't exist? This is the "bury the head in
the sand" attitude that Peter de Blanc and I were trying to
avoid by raising this issue.

And if that is really ICANN's attitude, then BE CONSISTENT.
Don't run around saying alternate roots are bad. Say they don't matter
and stop worrying about them.

>>> Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> 05/29/01 05:14AM >>>
I meant to say "no conflict among the names recognized by ICANN".

As Roeland has pointed out, there is no law against resolving DNS names any way you want to; "regulation" is probably not the best word to use above, since I was thinking of regulation of names entered into ICANN's root only.