[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings (Again)

It is just you and attempting to promote this impression as valid says a
lot more about your intentions and courtesy than it would ever about my
viewpoints.  I have changed the subject back as it is certainly more
topical than the other with regard to this.

|> >Again show me where the law says operating a root system is against the
law
|> >or stop posting as if this were the case.
|>
|> Seconded.

Seconding nothing.  There have been no statements made about operating a
root system being against the law.

|> The illustration is perfectly valid. There are a large number of
|> unrepresented indigenous peoples now occupying the under-developed
portions
|> of the name space. These are the registrants of domain names in the
|> alt.roots. ICANN is effectively taking these domain names away by
|> _forcefully_ taking these areas of the name space for itself. Dassa and
|> Kent Crispin are also recommending that the alt.roots (think Tribes) and
|> their TLDs (think ethnic identity) become outlawed/criminalized and used
|> with non-routable IP addresses (reservations).

If you want to go down this path there are other scenarios that fit:
There are a number of represented indigenous settlers in under developed
name space.  These are the users of the legacy root system.  The rogue
roots are infiltrating the name space and spiriting the name space away
from the potential users on the legacy root system and justifying the
infiltration and theft of the name space as being for the greater good
whilst actually profiting from the theft of the name space and denying the
majority direct access.

Neither are actually valid or constructive.  We could go around all day
making up such things.  It is more profitable to deal exclusively with the
facts don't you think?

|> History has clearly shown us the wrong way to deal with this. ICANN is
|> repeating the same mistakes. I'm sorry if I have not been able to make
this
|> parallel understood more clearly. Unfortunately, there's a lot of
baggage
|> in the way for most people to understand this. I would like to thank the
|> peoples of the First Nations for recently opening my eyes to this.

I would say it is adding historical baggage to a situation that is not in
parallel.  We could traverse all of history and find stories that would
match whatever viewpoint we wanted.  It doesn't make the connections valid
or constructive.

It would be far more profitable and constructive if we can discuss the
different viewpoints and attempt to find some common ground and attempt to
build on it.

My posts here have had the theme of attempting to provide opportunities for
misconceptions and misunderstandings to be resolved and to promote
discussion on the various issues so that all viewpoints may be clearly
understood.  Although I have been accused of laying false trails and
casting red herrings, I have not seen any attempts to address the issues I
raise.

Perhaps it is time.  Over defensiveness can be taken to extremes.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.