[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings)

Not actually true, Root-zone, plus TLD zones, plus 3ld zones, plus ... plus
hosts.txt files (Yes, I use those as well, as backup for when DNS has a
hissy-fit).

> Encouraging rogue root
> zones is IMHO not
> the best way to tackle the perceived shortage of TLD's.

You know Dassa, you are the last one I would expect to be using purposly
inflammatory language. The term I am refering to is "rogue". It implies that
someone is doing something illegal. Show me one law, anywhere, that makes
running a root-zone illegal.

If we are going to be constructive on this list, we need to stick to facts
and stay away from inflammatory characterizations. If you want to reference
actual breaches of law, then cite the actual laws that are violated.

BTW, there is at least one scenario where one HAS to run their own root zone
servers, for sound technical reasons. Many ISPs hit this scenario and run a
clone of the DOC root zone. Are they rogue? I think not.