[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings)

My understanding is not in question.  It amazes me how often those who
support the rogue roots will stoop to personal comments instead of
concentrating on the comments.  If I disagree with your point of view, it
does not mean I have less understanding.  Just a different viewpoint.

|> Ah yes, forcing the alt.roots to use non-routable IP addresses
|> is a most noble task. It's identical to forcing Aborigines (or Native
|> Americans) into reservations, while stripping them of their land.
Something
|> you'll be able to proudly boast about to your grandchildren.

Totally out of context for this discussion and offensive.

From your recent posts I assume you favour having a free for all with
anyone being able to create any TLD and run/control any name space on the
Internet.  Why don't we all start using any IP addresses we want also?  I
rather fancy having 111.111.111.111 with the mask 111.255.255.255.  Hang
on, those are strictly controlled aren't they, mmm...I'll have to make sure
I set up enough infrastructure to make it visible, then connect it to the
Internet.  No one owns numbers, why should I allow myself to be controlled
by some remote body which decides what IP numbers I can use.

As in any structure we need rules and procedures.  I am against any one
just jumping in and trying to circumvent the established rules and
guidelines.

Yes, I would rather see only the legacy root name spaces on the Internet
and believe any other name space belongs on a private network.  We are all
free to set up our own networks using whatever IP address scheme and name
space we wish, however, at the points that interact with the Internet we
should take care to follow the guidelines and structures that have been
deemed acceptable there.  That is the co-operation evident from the past,
in recent times we have some individuals and organisations that are not
being co-operative and are not following the guidelines.  Some of these are
doing so out of frustration and a perceived need to force issues, others
are doing so with financial gain in mind.  Although I may understand why
they do so, it does not mean that I need to condone their actions.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.