[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] "private roots"

>>You want local phone service? You get one choice..... Verizon. That's it.
Nothing else.<<

I can't agree with this.

I live in Texas, and *under*   sorry.. Southwestern Bell. Part of SBC Corp.
My DSL line is through SWBell. It does work well and A T & T doesn't offer
DSL.

My other *local* phone service is through A T & T *Local Service*.

A T & T is $2.75 a month less *and* uses the SWBell switch and linemen for
repairs.

I would be a fool not to save $33.00 a year for the *same* local phone
service.

The private or Alt. roots will thrive when they are included in the PC TCP
system.

At this point in time *only* the ICANN default root is there!

I can see that  the public will demand a change in this. All PC operating
systems should be open to *all* of the Internet.

/Bruce