[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] CNNIC root (Re: Criminalization of alt roots)

Personally I have been lumping "alternative" or "competitive" roots into
the same basket as any other private network root.  I do feel that defining
exactly what we are talking about would be constructive and I'm open to
refining the definitions that I personally use.

Such defining of the terms may also help when new players enter the field
which is one of my concerns when there is discussion of co-operation and
inclusion of "alternative" roots into the legacy DNS.  The problems we are
dealing with do not only concern the current players but any resolution
will need to take into account new players who may be drawn into the scene
by perceived opportunities.

How do we start, perhaps by recognising any differences between the current
players?  Some of these are purely commercial in nature and others are
community based efforts, perhaps distinguishing between the various types
of players for a  start may give us a basis to start on a true definition?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.