[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] Guiding Principles Page

http://www.new.net/about_us_guiding.tp

New.net is a market-based approach to satisfying the growing public demand
for shorter, more descriptive domain names that has been left unmet by the
increasing scarcity of names ending in .com, .net, etc. We believe that the
Internet has expanded to a point where its users are underserved by the few
top-level domains currently available, and that businesses and consumers
alike will benefit from having access to more descriptive and relevant Web
site addresses. Our new domain names exist side-by-side with current
ICANN-sanctioned top-level domains and use the Internet's existing domain
name system infrastructure for resolving domain name address queries.
New.net will seek to work with ICANN to ensure stability in the Internet,
and we will attempt to work in the best interests of all parties to not
interfere with anything that ICANN plans to do.