[ga-roots]

[ga-roots] illegal conduct

The following is a snip from a heading a combination of activities
thread in the GA list.  The contracts are equaly compelling, for
coopetetive roots.

 Inhancing competition is mentioned some thirty
       times.
       If you take the time to read these papers you will find that
there is no
       doubt that the current arrangements between Versign and ICANN are

       illegal.

       They are very illegal for a very good reason, regardless of your
       opinions of the U.S., the control was turned over to ICANN on a
very
       specific and often repeated promise that we the people who use
the
       internet would be the authority by which decisions were made. (as
       multilingual, outreach and education fanatic I note that it is
the
       people of the world and three times mentioned outside the U.S.
that is
       paramount)
       I invite all to review the corporate papers of ICANN.  You must
read the
       APA, for light reading.  Mr. Auerbach's postings on California
       Corporations Code is a must. The following is great reading and
leaves
       no doubt as to the impropriety of the Versign-ICANN violations of
law
       and contract.

       A DoC warning and advisory re: representativeness
       http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/press/icann102098.htm

       The MoU
       http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/icann-memorandum.htm

       The DoC IANA replacement contract.
       http://www.icann.org/general/iana-contract-09feb00.htm

       The controlling CFR
        http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

       Other Versign contract
        http://corporate.verisign.com/news/2001/pr_20010425b.html

       The bypassing of Stakeholders
        http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

       The fake before cessation
         http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

       Afilias is Versign or worse a price fixing afiliation.
        http://www.dnso.org/archives.html

       ICANN/DoC/NSI agreement
       http://www.icann.org/nsi/nsi-registry-agreement-04nov99.htm

       Well that does not include the White Paper or Vint Cerf's
certification
       of these goals in front of committees.  But it also does not
include
       aoutrageous statements made by the players.

       In the same direction we trudge, but with different visions we
see.(ed)

       Truly Sincerely,