[ga-nominations]

[ga-nominations] Re: Request for statement of acceptance

>    1a. Full name of the nominee for IDN TF: Joop Teernstra
>    1b. E-mail address of the nominee for IDN TF: terastra@terabytz.co.nz
>
>    1e. Background information about the nominee:

56y/o.  Married with 2 children. Law degree (LL.M) from Amsterdam
University. Owner and trademark holder of a small webdesign firm.
>  Founder (1998) and bootstrap organizer of a membership  organization
> dedicated to be a representational structure for Individual Domain Name
> registrants (the Cyberspace Association-IDNO). see www.idno.org

Has been elected Councillor of InternetNZ. (.nz)
Is an active advocate for Individual Domain Name Owners in the  DNSO GA and
in other fora.

>    1f. Statement of the nominee's objectives
>        in the role as GA delegate to the NC TF:

I have been pleading for the missing constituency since ICANN Singapore, at
considerable personal cost.

With the support of the majority of the GA , I am highly motivated to see
the efforts of all those DN holders that have stood behind me in this
struggle crowned with success and see the Board follow  NC Task Force
recommendations designed to aid the quick formation of the constituency.

My objective in accepting the nomination  is to help the Task Force to
speed up the formulation of reasonable criteria for an Individual Domain
Name Registrants constituency with no further hurdles, and make it
acceptable and ready for recognition by the Board of ICANN.
With a  representation mechanism for Individual Registrants, at least one
of the contentions about the DNSO can be resolved. Co-ordination with the
review Task Force will be  critically important.

I will travel to Montevideo to meet the appointed members of the task force
and I will do my utmost to actually accomplish results.
When elected for this job I will maintain a website that will track the
progress of the Task Force at www.individual-domain.org

--Joop--
the Cyberspace Association.
(www.idno.org)