[ga-nominations]

[ga-nominations] Re: Request for statement of acceptance

  • To: ga-nominations@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga-nominations] Re: Request for statement of acceptance
  • From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 06:59:00 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga-nominations@dnso.org

1a. Full name of the nominee:  Kent Crispin
1b. E-mail address of the nominee: kent@songbird.com
1c. Background information about the nominee:

"Professional Student" who spent many years in various academic
environments.  Studied Mathematics, Computer Science,
Geology, Psychology, Music

20 years as Computer Scientist at a USG research lab

Owner of "Songbird", a consulting/web hosting company, since 1995.

On the Internet since 1986; Involved in Domain Name issues since 1996
    Chair of gTLD-MoU Policy Advisory Board
    Member of gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee
    Actively involved in early formation efforts for the DNSO,
        including drafting many early DNSO documents

1d. Statement of the nominee's objectives
    in the role as GA delegate to the NC Review TF:

ICANN exists within a complex web of constraints that aren't immediately
apparent.  My personal goal is a realistic and effective DNSO that actually
functions, within the constraints that confine ICANN.

Also, there are many, many members of the GA who never participate in
the GA lists, and whose views are not well-expressed on those lists.
Because of my long involvement in DNS issues, I know many of these
people, and am known by many of these people.  I believe I can more
accurately and fairly represent the full spectrum of views than
candidates with less experience in this arena.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be