[ga-icann]

Re: [ga-icann] the full text of the proposed IC Charter

My comments are based upon the provision for membership set forth below.

Excluding 1 billion Chinese seems very logical.  Excluding about 95% of all ccTLD
domain name holders seems perfectly legitimate.  And now that Versign and
Register.com are delisting and censoring sites they find offensive certainly no .com
domain name holder can claim exclusive right to exploit the specified domain name
worldwide.  Dang I forgot nobody can because they cannot exploit their names in
places controlled by Iraq or the Taliban. Even if you use your clause on applicable
law it falls because of the great conflicts of applicable law.  Versign does not like
how my group is voting and suddenly our sites are offensive they get shut down and no
more right to vote.

There is no point in a group that is exclusive to a given set of political criteria
based upon geographics.  It becomes an "all white club".

By building a group that is categorized by the willingness of the powerful to
recognize it you are building a puppet club.

Either create a group that is identifiable by inalienable rights, or build another
toady club for ICANN to use to say "see we have bottoms up consensus". But don't do
the later and claim the former.  You cause more harm by being a stooge than by being
nothing.

4.1. IC constituency membership is open to any person who is an individual

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-icann@dnso.org list.